Bluetooth Mesh Networking Learning Center
Mesh networking is a new topology available for Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) devices that enables many-to-many (m:m) communications. It's optimized for creating large-scale node networks and is ideally suited for building automation, sensor networks, and asset tracking solutions.
Extending the Capabilities of Bluetooth with Mesh Networking
Accelerate time-to-market by up to six months
Bluetooth LE has traditionally leveraged broadcast-based and/or point-to-point star network topologies for device communications. Device-to-device pairing and LE beaconing were the main use cases served. With the addition of mesh networking, developers can now deliver a much broader portfolio of solutions for the IoT.
Star vs Mesh Network Topology for Bluetooth Devices
The Silicon Labs Advantage
15+ years providing commercial mesh solutions with more than 100 million deployed nodes
The widest range of solution offerings, from certified wireless modules to multiprotocol SoCs
Patented network analysis tools and mobile application libraries
Improve system reliability.
Maximize battery life.
Support device-to-device communication.
Simplify beacon management.
Deliver location services.
Increase beacon service range.
Provide instant response to switches.
Deliver advanced lighting control.
Integrate additional functionality.
Eliminate manual scanning.
Determine location in real-time.
Simplify beacon deployment.
Key Benefits of Bluetooth Mesh Systems
- Extending the range of connections from gateways or mobile clients with multi-hop communication
- Increase network scalability and node counts with mesh topology
- Ensure interoperability with standards based Bluetooth mesh full stack solution
- Provide state-of-the-art security with dual-layer security and communications authenticated, encrypted and obfuscated
- Combine mesh networking and Bluetooth beaconing and phone connectivity
- Improve system reliability with multipath message delivery
- Delivering optimal responsiveness with node-to-node communication
Bluetooth Mesh extends LE and is supported on versions 4.0 and greater. It utilizes a managed flood messaging framework to communicate between devices.
Messaging and Node Types
Learn how different Bluetooth mesh nodes communicate with each other.
Get an Overview of Bluetooth Mesh Webinar
Learn about the capabilities and benefits of Bluetooth LE mesh networks.