Silicon Labs Privacy Shield Notice
Updated February 7, 2023
Silicon Laboratories Inc. (“Silicon Labs”) complies with the U.S.-E.U. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information obtained from European Union member countries and transferred to the United States, whether that information is collected through our website or through other means.
Silicon Labs has certified that its processing of personal information from E.U. member countries is in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability (the “Principles”). You may view our certification here https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. Silicon Labs is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the Federal Trade Commission.
Information We Process
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, as permitted by local law. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To protect our rights and interests, such as to resolve any disputes, enforce our Terms of Service, or to respond to legal process.
Right to Accessing Personal Information
The Privacy Shield Principles provide individuals located in the E.U. whose personal information we process with the right to access their personal information in order to review, correct, amend or delete information processed under the Principles. E.U. individuals who would like to access their personal information may log in to our customer service portal or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfers to Third Parties
In accordance with our legal obligations, we may also transfer, subject to a lawful request, personal information to public authorities for law enforcement or national security purposes.
Contacting Us, Complaints and Dispute Resolution
E.U. individuals who have questions or complaints about how we process their personal information may contact us at email@example.com. We will work to resolve your issue and respond no later than 45 days after receipt.
If you are unable to resolve the issue directly with us, you may file, free of charge, a complaint with our independent dispute resolution provider JAMS located in the United States. For more information about JAMS’ dispute resolution process or to file a complaint, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-claim.
Individuals may also submit complaints through their local Data Protection Authority (DPA). We will work with the Department of Commerce to resolve any complaints forwarded by a DPA. Finally, if we are unable to resolve any complaints through any of the above methods, an E.U. individual may invoke binding arbitration in accordance with the Privacy Shield Framework. Information on dispute resolution is available here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint.