Get an introduction Z-Wave and learn about the advantages of two decades of interoperability and sub-GHz mesh networking. After the short introduction, Z-Wave FAE Carlos Hernandez will walk thru a step-by-step guide of building a Z-Wave gateway on a Raspberry Pi using the Z-Wave over IP tools Silicon Labs provides. Carlos will discuss the resources and tools gateways need to support the huge range of deployed Z-Wave devices.
Introduction to Z-Wave - Axel Brugger
- Z-Wave benefits and interoperability
- Security - SmartStart - Certification
- Radio frequencies and regions
- Z-Wave Open Standard and the Z-Wave Alliance
Getting Started with Z-Wave: Z-Wave 101 for Developers - Carlos Hernandez
- The controller device types and role types
- Overview of Z-Wave gateway solution - Z/IP Gateway*/Z-Ware
- Step by step instructions for building and installing Z/IP Gateway
- PyZIP demonstration
*The Z/IP gateway is a free reference design intended for development and demonstration purposes only. It is provided as is, with no warranties. Customers are advised to conduct security and compliance testing of all gateways during the product design process.